Saturday, July 24, 2010

Blueberry Cream Cheese Pancakes

Bountiful Basket items used: Blueberries (and a banana on the side)

I'm not sure how I feel about this recipe... but my kids loved it!! This is a twist on regular blueberry pancakes that I made up! If you have a better idea how to do it - let me know!
About 1 C. washed blueberries
About 4-5 oz cream cheese
About 2-3 Tbsp Sugar (if your berries are still sour like mine were)
Blended
Make the pancakes (any recipe will do, but I'll share mine if you need one)
In a 2 C. measuring cup crack 2 large eggs
Add into that cup buttermilk up till the 2C line.
Dump into med. size bowl and wisk very well.
Add in: 2 Tbsp Sugar, 2 Tbsp Oil, 2 tsp Baking Powder, 1/2 tsp Baking Soda, 1 tsp Salt
Wisk very well.
Then add in 1 C flour and only wisk until it's well moistened (still leaving it a little clumpy)
Pour onto griddle
I tried this many different ways. The first was adding the blueberry mixture to the pancakes while they were cooking...and then folded the pancake over on top.
If you like your pancakes a little gooey in the middle - this is perfect for ya!
Then top with whipped cream (I used Cool Whip) and blueberries
I wasn't sure my girls would like it that way...so I made regular pancakes for them and then spread the blueberry mixture on top of the pancakes and topped with whipped cream and blueberries. Served with a side of banana!

Coming up next: Cucumber Canapes!

No comments: